- Classes and Events
- Wildness & Wisdom: Women's Nature Retreat June 12th
Wildness & Wisdom: Women's Nature Retreat June 12th
WILDNESS & WISDOM: A Women's Nature Retreat
@ Rivers Bend Retreat Center & Hendy Woods in Anderson valley
Saturday June 12th
10am-5pm (with the option to camp/cabin overnight)
Sliding Scale $75-150***
The day will begin at Rivers Bend Retreat Center in an old and magical grove, and from there we will go on a daylong journey into a lush redwood forest. We will meditate, dance, connect with our wildness, walk the river, swim, and do whatever else we are inspired to do among the wilds of Hendy Woods and the Navarro River.
This daylong women's retreat will include:
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Solo time in nature
- Swimming on the Navarro River
- Gentle hiking/walking in the redwood forest in Hendy Woods
- Connection with other women
- Optional Camping or renting an overnight cabin at Rivers Bend Retreat Center
- Optional evening fire circle under the stars
For those who desire a deeper retreat you are welcome to rent a cabin, or campsite at River's Bend Retreat Center, or at other places in Anderson valley.
To rent a cabin at River's Bend Retreat Center (3 night minimum), please check out the RB website for more information http://www.riversbendretreat.org/
If interested in camping at RB...
Please get in touch with me personally. There is enough space available for up to 10 women to camp out, Friday night, Saturday night, or both. The additional fee for camping will be determined by how many women choose to camp, and will be in the range of $15-35 a night. The camping grove is positively magical!
For those who wish to stay over Saturday night following the retreat, we can gather for an evening fire circle.
What to bring:
- Comfortable, movement friendly and weather appropriate clothing
- Hiking/walking shoes
- Meals for whole day (I will provide light snacks)
- Covid mask... we will be outdoors all day and can easily social distance, but please bring masks and whatever you need to feel safe.
- Sunglasses/sunscreen/sun hat
- anything else you need for an easy day in nature
***In consideration of the many people experiencing financial hardship due to Covid, or other issues related to social and economic injustice, please pay at the highest level you can afford. Also, for those with financial abundance, please consider making a donation to support someone who may not even be able to pay the lowest end of the sliding scale.